- It is super easy to travel in Bali. Guidebooks, websites, blogs, you can easily get all the information about Bali. It's been opened for tourist ages ago so Bali is ready to accommodate travelers, which is hardly found in different parts of Indonesia. People can speak average English, they'll be able to help you anytime.
- It is a complete package. Here in Bali, you can find anything, from endearingly nature to the complexity of the culture. You can do activities such as trekking, diving, surfing, what else? Shopping, party, yoga, spa..everything!
- The unique culture. Balinese adapted Hindu into the way of life. You will find rituals or ceremonies happening anywhere, at the beach, at the middle of town, even when you ride your scooter. I don't actually agree when some people say Bali is not authentic anymore just because there are many international hotel chains or KFCs. Balinese actually amazes me, how strong they hold their culture, their identity in the vast tourism, I'd say western environment like this. On the street you'll see canang sari, an offering made of flowers, rice, cookies, piled in a leaf tray with burning incense stick. It is actually interesting to examine how they cope with modernity,
- It is cheap! No longer a secret. You can rent a scooter less than $5 a day! Cheap street foods, like less than $2 for a whole meal. Hotels are very cheap as well due to the competition. The only thing that will break your pocket is drinking! I have to agree Indonesia is not the cheapest country for alcohols.
- You will love Bali!
KNOW THE AREA OF BALI
-Seminyak and Legian: Shopping, restaurants, accommodations and party. Head to Sky Garden for the coolest party spot.
-Canggu: Recently gaining it's popularity because it's much more relax than Kuta area. Good for surfing in Echo Beach. Close to Tanah Lot, a sacred temple with the sea as the backdrop, stunning for sunset.
-Nusa Dua: Luxurious resort area.
-Jimbaran and the Peninsula: Some nice beaches to relax such as Greenbowl and Nyang Nyang. Famous surfing spot in Padang-Padang Beach and Uluwatu. Watch Kecak Dance in Uluwatu Temple. GWK, a culutral park with sculptures, cultural show, etc.
-Denpasar and Sanur: Denpasar is the capital city of Bali but it's more like a transportation hub of the island.
-Gianyar: Challenge yourself by doing white water rafting.
-Bedugul: Beautifully surrounded by the mountain area and lake, visit the famous Pura Ulun Danu Beratan.
-Mengwi: See Taman Ayun Temple
-Tabanan: A peaceful village with extensive rice field. Visit Jatiluwih and do rice field trekking.
|Kecak Dance Performance|
-Amed and Tulamben: Dive and discover some shipwrecks such as USAT Liberty Shipwreck and see underwater temple garden. You can learn freediving as well.
(Read more: Amed and Tulamben)
-Sidemen: Another option besides Ubud if you wanna feel the spiritual while enjoying the mother nature.
-Batur and Agung: Two highest volcano in Bali. Immerse yourself in the wonderful view of Lake Kintamani and while in Mt. Agung, you can also make a visit to Besakih Temple.
-Candidasa: An idyllic getaway in East Coast. Visit Tirta Gangga, Lotus Lagoon, and Goa Lawah Temple.
|Japanese Ship Wreck in Amed|
West Bali - Menjangan and Pemuturan, coral reef dive.
Nusa Islands - The islands on south east of Bali.
-Nusa Lembongan: Good for chilling, island vibe. See Devil Tears.
-Nusa Ceningan: Can be reached by scooter from Nusa Lembongan. Cool jumping point, seaweed farm.
-Nusa Penida: The largest island that is still unspoiled but has a big potential. I'm pretty sure it'll get busier soon. Highlights: Klingking Beach, Angels Billabong, and Broken Bay. You can also take snorkeling or dive trip to see Manta Rays and Mola-mola
(Read more: Nusa Lembongan and Ceningan)
Babi Guling or Suckling Pig: Roasted pig where they most of the edible part of the pork such as meat, minced, skin, etc.
Ayam Betutu: Roasted or steamed chicken or duck nourished with special spices.
Sate Lilit: Minced pork, chicken, or fish mixed with grated coconut then spiraled to a satay.
Lawar: Combination of minced meat and vegetables sprinkled with herbs and spices.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
- Best time to visit Bali is during dry season April-October
- Getting a simcard is cheap, some good providers: Telkomsel, XL, or 3
- Download Gojek or Uber to avoid scam from taxi driver!
- Please be careful when you drive scooter, driving there is hectic!
- You have to pay entrance fee to most of the temples, respect the temples by wearing polite clothes.
If you have some recommendations, favorite place, or useful tips about Bali, let me know in the comments below, I will put add it in this article, thanks! Enjoy Bali!
If you think the post is useful, kindly share this information by clicking the logo below. You'll be directed to your facebook or twitter.